LinkedIn's new Profinder service, recently launched in the US and not yet available in the UK, is potentially a very powerful business development tool for professional services and financial services professionals.
Profinder allows a LinkedIn member to request a service by filling out a short form about the service they need. LinkedIn will send the member's requirements to up to 5 local providers. The potential providers can then respond with a short proposal if they choose to do so. The potential client will see the full LinkedIn profiles of the service providers and their proposals. The LinkedIn member can then contact their chosen provider directly and reach an agreement for the proposed service.
If it works as intended, clients can use LinkedIn to source lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, wealth managers and many more professionals with the expertise they require in their local area. For more information on Profinder, click here.
What does the launch of this new service mean for UK professional services and financial services professionals?
- You need a LinkedIn account and should make sure you've added the correct postal code to your profile.
- Your LinkedIn profile must be current, engaging and contain the right key words or phrases a potential client might use - your profile 'headline' must be key word heavy
- You should consider requesting LinkedIn based recommendations from clients as these validate your expertise.
- Highlight your expertise by publishing LinkedIn long-form posts and status updates.
- Consider investing in a premium LinkedIn account as you can only respond to 5 requests with the free account.
Get ready for Profinder and watch this space.
LinkedIn's New Move: ProFinder LinkedIn recently (and quietly) launched its new "ProFinder" service, and it's quickly gaining momentum. Modeled after popular "freelancer-for-hire" sites such as Fiverr and Upwork, LinkedIn's ProFinder matches customers looking for a specific type of product or service with a qualified professional. Because of its treasure trove of user data, LinkedIn is able to quickly and easily show you the best prospects for a freelance project or ongoing service you need based on keywords, categories, or search terms you type into ProFinder. LinkedIn can even filter search results based on your network (who you're already connected to at a first or second degree level), recommendations those professionals have, their physical location (if that matters), and more. Some of the services on offer include: Accounting Business Coaching/Consulting Design Insurance IT Services Legal Marketing Real Estate Software Development